Call for Special Sessions
The 16th International Conference on Quality of Multimedia Experience (QoMEX) will be held from June 18th to 20th, 2024 in Karlshamn, Sweden. It will bring together leading experts from academia and industry to present and discuss current and future research on multimedia quality, Quality of Experience (QoE) and user experience (UX). This way, it will contribute to excellence in developing multimedia technology, towards user well-being, and it will foster the exchange between multidisciplinary communities. The core theme is
Over the years, QoMEX has a strong history of successful Special Sessions in new or emerging areas. This year as well we are seeking innovative, high-quality and potentially interdisciplinary proposals for Special Sessions that complement the regular program of the conference. Special Sessions should be focused on dedicated topics beyond the main conference within the broader sphere of QoE and UX.
Please read carefully the submission guidelines outlined next before submitting your proposal.
Please submit your Special Session proposal combined into one pdf file to the Special Session co-chairs by email.
Each proposal should provide the following information:
- Title: a clear and concise title for your special session;
- Organizers: names, affiliations, contact information and short bio of the session organisers;
- Description: a brief summary (max 500 words) of the motivation and objectives behind the special session;
- Topics of interest: a list of keywords related to the special session;
- List of potential papers: information about potential submissions (both long and short papers are possible) with provisional authors, titles and abstracts. It is encouraged to have at least 5 potential submissions;
- List of potential reviewers: a list of potential reviewers capable of reviewing papers submitted to the special session.
Special session proposals will be evaluated based on i) the proposed topic; ii) the expected impact and quality of the contributed papers; and, iii) organising committee qualifications (it is encouraged to involve early-stage researchers in it). A special session should preferably address an emerging topic in multimedia quality, Quality of Experience (QoE) and user experience (UX) that is not fully aligned with a specific topic of the main call for paper. Organisers of selected special session proposals are expected to take a meta-reviewer role (i.e., recruitment of additional reviewers; summarise reviews).
Papers submitted to special sessions will undergo the same reviewing process as regular papers and are expected to meet the same quality standards.
Selection of a special session proposal does not guarantee final acceptance of the special session.
Selected Special Sessions will have the possibility to propose a Special Issue in the Quality and User Experience journal.
Special Session proposals submission: November 28, 2023
Special Session notifications: December 8, 2023
Full paper submission (non-extensible): February 9, 2024
Short paper submission (non-extensible): April 12, 2024